The Cancer Society Central Districts Division is looking for a volunteer administrator to assist with general administration duties at Addis House.
The Cancer Society Manawatu Centre is recruiting for a volunteer administrator.
The Cancer Society’s mission is to improve community wellbeing by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer.
Te Tiriti o Waitangi is foundational to our work, and reducing cancer inequities is a priority for us.
Purpose of Position
To assist with general administration duties at the Cancer Society location.
Reports to: Staff member requesting administrative support
Key relationship: Manager Volunteering, who oversees all volunteer engagement
Cancer Society of New Zealand - Te Kāhui Matepukupuku o Aotearoa
Our mission is to improve community well-being by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. We achieve this through a range of activities that include: funding research, education, health promotion, advocacy and support for those affected by cancer and their whānau/families. We are committed to reducing the inequitable burden of cancer experienced across different populations.
Integrity, Excellence, Respect
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Provide a range of administrative duties:
- Assist with tasks such as filing, photocopying, data entry, folding mail etc.
- Assist with retail sales and stock control of Cancer Society merchandise (if applicable)
- Maintain positive and professional attitude
- Comply with the relevant policies and procedures of the Cancer Society while on duty
- Ability to work comfortably with people of all social, religious and cultural backgrounds
- Understand and respect the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ability to maintain boundaries and respect confidentiality
- A caring and sensitive manner
- Organisational and time management skills
- Computer/Web/Microsoft literacy
As arranged, between business hours Monday-Friday.
- Orientation and training
- Support and guidance provided whenever required
- Volunteer identification to be worn whenever on duty
Please email email@example.com with your name and phone number, or alternatively call Addis House on 06 356 5355 to organise a time to meet with our volunteer coordinator.