The Cancer Society Central Districts Division is recruiting for a Supportive Care Coordinator for its Taranaki Centre.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join the team at the Taranaki Cancer Society as our Supportive Care Coordinator.
The Cancer Society of New Zealand strives to minimize the impact and incidence of cancer in our community and Te Whare Tapu Whā is our model of practice.
The person we are looking for will have the following skills.
- A relevant degree or experience in health care, social services/counselling, health science or social work.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including assessment and facilitation and a proven ability to develop networks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and databases.
- Current full drivers licence.
The primary focus of the position will be to:
- Provide support and information to cancer patients and their whānau.
- Increase awareness and use of the Cancer Society support services in the community.
The Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees by incorporating the principals of Te Tiriti O Waitangi. The role offers variety and the opportunity to join an enthusiastic and dedicated team, who work hard in the community to support cancer patients and their families.
If you have the capabilities above and want to be part of an organisation making a difference in people’s lives every day, then we would love to hear from you.
Please download and complete the application form and send it along with your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 10 November 2023.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.