We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and organised person who can look after our events and campaigns in Dunedin and East Otago.
The Cancer Society is one of New Zealand’s leading charities with a clear mission to improve community wellbeing by reducing the incidence and impact of cancer. The Cancer Society works with communities to provide leadership and advocacy in cancer control, with core services in supportive care, health promotion, information, advocacy, and research.
To succeed in this role, you will be an energetic, self-motivated, and organised person who can look after our events and community campaigns (see below), event budgeting and reporting, and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
This is a part-time role of 20 hours per week (with additional hours from time to time with key events). The days of work can be mutually agreed to and flexible working-from-home arrangements can be considered.
The Key Objectives of this role:
- Coordinating the key campaigns undertaken by the Cancer Society in the Dunedin & East Otago Region
- Maximising the success of major events in the region with effective organisational, operational, and relationship skills
- Working with the Volunteer team in key marketing campaigns and major events
- Working with key stakeholders to create ongoing partnerships
Essential skills and experience required:
- A good understanding of the Cancer Society’s mission
- Proven experience in an event coordinator position
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to details and the ability to prioritise a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse and dedicated team
- A full drivers license with registered and warranted car available for work use
- A positive 'can do' attitude
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a team player and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing the job contributes to the successful work of the Cancer Society.
To apply and for further information
If you can say yes to the above, please apply now with an up-to-date CV and cover letter that outlines why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, 25 November 2022
Join our fundraising events and campaigns
We wouldn't be able to provide our vital services without the generous and enthusiastic support of individuals like you, your families, and your communities.
You Can For Cancer – create a fundraiser that's right for you
Relay For Life – annually in late summer
Jump For Cancer – throughout April and May
Daffodil Day – the last Friday of August
Marathon in a Month – throughout November
The Longest Day annual golf challenge – throughout December and January