The Cancer Society Central Districts Division is recruiting for an Events Coordinator for its Hawke's Bay Centre.
The role is located in our Hastings office and is a permanent part-time position of 30 hours a week.
The Events Coordinator will work within the Central Districts Division revenue generation strategy and lead and implement fundraising events with a clear focus on improving revenue generation to support Cancer Society services. The role will cover all aspects of events.
Specifically, the role will work within the Centre to identify:
- How best to align Divisional and Centre activities to maximise fundraising opportunities.
- Identify and support fundraising opportunities and ensure a cohesive and professional approach to all Centre fundraising activity.
- Lead Relay For Life and Daffodil Day for the Centre in consultation with the rest of the team.
- Ensure that supporters have an outstanding experience through the provision of our information, follow up and engagement with the Cancer Society.
Applicants should ideally possess the following attributes:
- Significant track record of successful events for Not For Profits including the ability to make the ask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong social media skills
- Experience with handling the media
- Experience with Microsoft Office and database work
- Experience with data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Demonstrates an ability to follow through and deliver
- Enjoys working with people, easily establishes rapport and maintains positive and respectful working relationships
- Demonstrates a willingness to proactively engage with and an ability to adapt approaches to meet the needs of different cultures.
- A qualification in marketing, communications or similar discipline would be advantageous as would being comfortable speaking in public.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and a full New Zealand drivers licence is necessary.
Please download and complete the application form and send it along with your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
Please ensure you download, complete and supply the application form - failure to do so may mean your application isn't considered.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 2 June 2023.