The Cancer Society is calling on the next Government to take action against cancer, with the launch of our 2023-24 Manifesto.
We’re posing 12 key asks to decision-makers that we know will help reduce the incidence and impact of cancer in Aotearoa. Many of these asks don’t require vast overhauls of systems or major reviews. But they do require commitment, acceleration and investment. They will save money and they will save lives.
To find out more, download our Manifesto or our one-page snapshot from the links below:
In the News
- Tova O'Brien podcast with PM Chris Hipkins (Stuff, 08/09/23)
- Cancer patients have to travel for treatment due to doctor shortage (RNZ, 11/09/23)
- The Front Page: Why NZ lags behind Australia on cancer treatment (NZ Herald, 12/09/23)
- Pressure in system creating inequality (Otago Daily Times, 16/09/23)
- National and Labour promise not to let Pharmac fall off fiscal cliff (Stuff, 21/09/23)
- $100 overnight travel allowance for cancer treatment 'outdated' (The Press, 13/10/23)